Doubledou•ble (dub′əl),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -bled, -bling, adv.
- twice as large, heavy, strong, etc.;
twofold in size, amount, number, extent, etc.: a double portion; a new house double the size of the old one.
- composed of two like parts or members;
twofold in form;
paired: double doors; a double sink.
- of, pertaining to, or suitable for two persons: a double room.
- twofold in character, meaning, or conduct;
dual or ambiguous: a double interpretation.
- (of musical instruments) producing a tone an octave lower than the notes indicate.
- duple, as time or rhythm.
- folded in two;
having one half folded over the other.
- (of a bed or bedclothes) full-size: a double blanket.
- [Bot.](of flowers) having many more than the normal number of petals: double petunias; double hollyhocks.
- anything that is twofold in size or amount or twice the usual size, quantity, strength, etc.
- a duplicate or counterpart;
something exactly or closely resembling another: This dress is the double of that. He is the double of his cousin.
- Also called double room. a type of hotel accommodation with two beds, or sometimes a double bed, for occupancy by two persons. Cf. twin (def. 4).
- a fold or plait.
- an alcoholic drink containing twice the usual amount of alcohol.
- a sudden backward turn or bend, as of a fox on the run in fox hunting;
- a trick or artifice, as of argument in a formal debate.
- a substitute actor or singer ready to take another's place;
- [Motion Pictures, Television.]a substitute who performs feats or actions too hazardous or difficult for a star.
- [Baseball.]See two-base hit.
- [Mil.]double time.
- doubles, (used with a sing. v.) a game or match in which there are two players on each side, as in tennis.
- (in bridge or other card games)
- a challenge by an opponent that the declarer cannot fulfill the designated contract, increasing the points to be won or lost.
- a hand that warrants such a challenge.
- [Bridge.]a conventional bid informing one's partner that a player's hand is of a certain strength.
- [Bowling.]two strikes in succession: He needed a double in the tenth frame to win.
- See daily double.
- any of certain feasts in the Roman Catholic Church, marked by a doubled antiphon and taking precedence over lesser feasts.
- [Music. Rare.]a variation.
- a former coin of France, the sixth part of a sol, issued in silver in the 14th century, later made of copper.
- at the double, [Brit. Informal.]on the double.
- on the double, [Informal.]
- without delay;
rapidly: The fire engines came on the double.
- in double time, as marching troops.
- to make double or twice as great;
to add an equal amount to: The baby doubled its weight in a year.
- to bend or fold with or as with one part over another (often fol. by over, up, back, etc.): Double the edge over before sewing.
- to clench: He doubled his fists.
- to be or have twice as much as: Income doubled expenditure.
- to sail around (a projecting area of land): to double Cape Horn.
- to add a new layer of planking or ceiling to (an old wooden hull).
- to pair;
couple: The players were doubled for the tournament.
- [Music.]to reduplicate by means of a tone in another part, either at the unison or at an octave above or below.
- (in bridge and other card games)
- to challenge (the bid of an opponent) by making a call that increases the value of tricks to be won or lost.
- to challenge the bid of (an opponent): He doubled me into game.
- to cause the advance of (a base runner) by a two-base hit: He doubled him to third.
- to cause (a run) to be scored by a two-base hit (often fol. by in): He doubled in the winning run.
- to put out (a base runner) as the second out of a double play (often fol. by up).
- to become double: My money doubled in three years.
- to bend or fold (often fol. by up or over): to double over with pain.
- to turn back on a course or reverse direction (often fol. by back): He doubled back by another road and surprised us.
- [Mil.]to march at the double-time pace.
- to serve in two capacities or in an additional capacity: She doubles as producer and director.
- to act as a double in a play, motion picture, or the like.
- [Music.]to play an instrument besides one's regular instrument (usually followed by on): The saxophonist doubles on drums.
- (in bridge and other card games) to double the bid of an opponent.
- [Baseball.]to make a two-base hit.
- to double-date.
- double in brass, [Informal.]to serve in two capacities;
be able to do work different from one's own: It is a small firm, and everyone doubles in brass when emergencies arise.
- double or nothing, a bet having as its outcome either the doubling of a previous loss or debt or the canceling of that loss or debt. Also, double or quits.
- double up:
- to share quarters planned for only one person or family: Because of the room shortage, we had to double up.
- to bend over, as from pain: He doubled up in agony.
- to twice the amount, number, extent, etc.;
- two together: There are only a few beds, so some of the children will have to sleep double for the night.
Wallwall (wôl),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various permanent upright constructions having a length much greater than the thickness and presenting a continuous surface except where pierced by doors, windows, etc.: used for shelter, protection, or privacy, or to subdivide interior space, to support floors, roofs, or the like, to retain earth, to fence in an area, etc.
- Usually, walls. a rampart raised for defensive purposes.
- an immaterial or intangible barrier, obstruction, etc., suggesting a wall: a wall of prejudice.
- a wall-like, enclosing part, thing, mass, etc.: a wall of fire; a wall of troops.
- an embankment to prevent flooding, as a levee or sea wall.
- the Wall. See Berlin Wall.
- the outermost film or layer of structural material protecting, surrounding, and defining the physical limits of an object: the wall of a blood cell.
- the side of a level or drift.
- the overhanging or underlying side of a vein;
a hanging wall or footwall.
- climb the walls or climb walls, to become tense or frantic: climbing the walls with boredom.
- drive or push to the wall, to force into a desperate situation;
humiliate or ruin completely: Not content with merely winning the match, they used every opportunity to push the inferior team to the wall.
- go over the wall, to break out of prison: Roadblocks have been set up in an effort to capture several convicts who went over the wall.
- go to the wall:
- to be defeated in a conflict or competition;
- to fail in business, esp. to become bankrupt.
- to be put aside or forgotten.
- to take an extreme and determined position or measure: I'd go to the wall to stop him from resigning.
- hit the wall, (of long-distance runners) to reach a point in a race, usually after 20 miles, when the body's fuels are virtually depleted and willpower becomes crucial to be able to finish.
- off the wall:
- beyond the realm of acceptability or reasonableness: The figure you quoted for doing the work is off the wall.
- markedly out of the ordinary;
bizarre: Some of the clothes in the fashion show were too off the wall for the average customer.
- up against the wall:
- placed against a wall to be executed by a firing squad.
- in a crucial or critical position, esp. one in which defeat or failure seems imminent: Unless sales improve next month, the company will be up against the wall.
- up the wall, into an acutely frantic, frustrated, or irritated state: The constant tension in the office is driving everyone up the wall.
- of or pertaining to a wall: wall space.
- growing against or on a wall: wall plants; wall cress.
- situated, placed, or installed in or on a wall: wall oven; a wall safe.
- to enclose, shut off, divide, protect, border, etc., with or as if with a wall (often fol. by in or off): to wall the yard; to wall in the play area; He is walled in by lack of opportunity.
- to seal or fill (a doorway or other opening) with a wall: to wall an unused entrance.
- to seal or entomb (something or someone) within a wall (usually fol. by up): The workmen had walled up the cat quite by mistake.
Sconcesconce1 (skons),USA pronunciation n.
- a bracket for candles or other lights, placed on a wall, mirror, picture frame, etc.
- the hole or socket of a candlestick, for holding the candle.
Howdy , this attachment is about Superb Double Wall Sconce #4 Rejuvenation. This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 824 x 872. It's file size is only 51 KB. Wether You want to download It to Your computer, you could Click here. You may too see more pictures by clicking the photo below or read more at this post: Double Wall Sconce.
The advantages of this type are natural and real. Color-correction can be carried out by way of a procedure for varnish. Nevertheless, this sort of wood flooring price present somewhat high since it consists of wood items that are solid. a time that is long is taken by the installation cause chemical scents from finishing.
This type of substance isn't resilient to humidity. Where top of the level resembles wood design created from a kind of plastic, this type of wood is actually a clone of the initial wooden floors. Because it is made of plastic-type whilst better damage resistance. But if you require a cozy atmosphere with pure motifs derived from the Superb Double Wall Sconce #4 Rejuvenation that is initial Ground is certainly not a good choice.
The features of engineered wood flooring is frequently termed manufactured parquet is in the act are manufactured in a way that the common issues that generally occur in strong wood such as devaluation and bending doesn't occur, the way the technology system layer where the layers of wood equipped with feed direction other to each other layers, the top covering is made of venner (layers of lumber).